Find your new career.
Conner Homes has been building quality homes in the Northwest for 60 years. As a multi-generational, family-owned business, we live in the community where we build. And since we plan to be here for the next 60 years and beyond, it's essential that our homes — and our service — stand the test of time.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place in compliance with our standards and procedures as well as current WISHA and OSHA regulations.
- Manage home construction and plat improvements to schedule, budget, performance and maintenance.
- Adhere to applicable building codes, manufacturer's specifications, Conner construction and quality standards, budgets, systems and procedures.
- Set up and maintain field office, equipment and documents.
- Review plans, specs and change orders prior to construction. Anticipate and work out unresolved construction details and provide corrected drawings and documents to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain and display positive attitude and attributes.
- Effectively communicate our expectations.
- Calculate, order, schedule delivery of, receive and store materials.
- Create and maintain daily job records and other reports described in company procedure documents.
- Lead efforts to identify, evaluate and implement quality schedule and cost improvements.
- Investigate and correct mistakes on plans, specs, take-offs, etc., and provide documentation to help eliminate the problem from recurring.
- Anticipate and solve problems, visualize how finished product will look, clarify uncertainties.
- Plan and organize your time effectively so that you can manage all responsibilities efficiently.
- Prepare, communicate and achieve critical path schedule.
- Coordinate, supervise and direct inspections, machinery, labor, suppliers and subcontractors so that work progresses efficiently and the critical path schedule is achieved.
- Layout electrical, plumbing, HVAC, soffits, cabinets and other critical or unique details.
- Continually inspect construction while it is in process to ensure the work is being done correctly.
- Document and communicate solutions to quality challenges.
- Meet budgets.
- Authorize payment for completed work.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Train all personnel to follow our quality and safety standards.
- Communicate and support the corporate mission statements, goals and policies.
- Provide strong leadership as the focal point for all on-site operations.
- Perform and review written 2-way evaluations and goals with your manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, or related field; or 2+ years of directly related experience and/or training.
- Residential building experience.
- Budget management skills.
- Team Player.
- MS Office proficiency.
- High quality standards.
- Positive attitude.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Highly organized with strong attention to details and follow-through.
- Proven ability to work with multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
At Conner, you'll be surrounded by smart people with strong work ethics whose mission is to maximize value to customers, the community, and our peers by working efficiently to produce sustainably-built, high quality homes and neighborhoods. Conner is a place where new ideas are championed, creativity and collaboration are valued, and individual contributions influence the course of the company.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.